Do you agonize over the prospects of covering your child’s face with a COVID-burka in order to send them to the public school? Are you tired of having to explain that you, as a parent, are best able to determine their health needs? Do you grow weary of watching the daily news reports indicating that children are virtually immune to coronavirus symptoms, but still have to submit to Governor Bullock’s insanely illogical mandates?
The Gideon Knox Group, a Montana-based conservative think-tank and advocacy organization, has partnered with a first-class homeschool curriculum company to offer Montana families exclusively a monthly billing rate on an exhaustive K-12 curriculum of only $9.95 per month…per family. You probably spend that on your kids’ lunch money before Wednesday each week.
The Gideon Knox Group, which runs various media outlets (including, for transparency, the Montana Daily Gazette) and helps craft messaging for public figures, politicians, and grassroots activist organizations, has offered the Christendom Curriculum on its platforms for quite a while, but because so many Montanans are struggling with the decision of how to best educate their children during the Great Coronavirus Panic of 2020, they have asked the company’s owner to discount the curriculum and offer it to Montana families on a monthly rather than annual rate. For some families on tight budgets, it might just help them make the decision to educate their kids at home.
William Chad Newsom, the creator of the curriclum, will offer the curriculum on the monthly rate exclusively for Montana families until September 12. It will be available with this special Montana rate starting Sunday, August 30.
The Christendom Curriculum is unique, in that it is the only homeschool curriculum designed not only to teach the basics of a classical education, but to embrace the tennets of a conservative Christian worldview and be prepared to combat cultural and ideological liberalism.
Lack of time is considered a major homeschool entry barrier for many families—How will I find the time? Even those who have been homeschooling for years often feel they are never fully caught up because of constant demands on their time, unexpected events or emergencies, and the everyday hustle and bustle of family life.
But the self-taught model used in The Christendom Curriculum has been used for many years in similar curriculum programs to give children the very best education, regardless of whether the parent has enough time in their day, or not.
Younger children do require more direct parental involvement, but as your child grows in knowledge and academic skills, your time requirement decreases. Eventually, your parental homeschool responsibilities are reduced to only (1) Daily Chapel; (2) Daily Review Meeting for Q&A and Wisdom of the Fathers sessions*; and (3) Weekly Review of Written Essays.
No lesson plans to work through, no tests to grade, no homework to supervise. Evaluation is built into the curriculum—you’ll know how your children are progressing by how well they are doing with their weekly essays.
A Self-Taught Curriculum
The truly educated man or woman is not one who has merely absorbed—and probably forgotten—massive amounts of information. The educated are those who have learned how to learn. They know how to think, how to research, how to read and converse and sort through the available data, how to formulate and evaluate arguments, how to reach conclusions. This means it is important for your children to grow in their ability to teach themselves.
In this way, they will acquire a large, exceptional, and ever-growing body of knowledge that will set them apart from their public-school-educated peers—and they will know how to use it.
Watch this informative video below.
Everything in One Place
With your Christendom Curriculum membership, you’ll get everything you need for a successful homeschool experience:
* Hundreds of books and essays in digital form: printable, or viewable on computers, tablets, or phones.
* Key educational and research resources: 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica (29 vols.), 1828 Webster’s Dictionary, Cambridge Medieval History (8 vols.), Ussher’s Annals of the World, et al.
* The Christendom Curriculum Parent’s Manual, a detailed, 100-page PDF book to help you and your children make the most of the adventure of homeschooling.
* Complete Guide PDFs for every Year with specific instructions on the books and subjects covered.
* Battle Papers: our unique series of dozens of Worldview Essays to guide your students’ reading.
* The Christendom Curriculum Daily Schedule, a 180-day, 36-week schedule spreadsheet to use as a daily checklist, and as a record of your child’s academic progress and accomplishment through the years.
* Unique, K–12 focus on Christendom, and the story of God’s gracious work in European and American civilization.
* Integrated study of Bible, History, Literature, Art, Music, and Science in our original structure of The Four Ages of Christendom: Christendom Rising (Ancient World), Christendom Triumphant (Medieval World), Christendom Besieged (Modern World), and Christendom Reborn (Future World).
* Culture War for Kids, a unique series of essays preparing kids for the challenges of our civilization, but in an age-appropriate way.
* No boring (and probably inaccurate) textbooks: read original sources, histories, literature, legends, and letters instead.
* Our own Study Helps series of essays, including “How to Read Books for Learning: A Simple Approach” among many others.
* The Jordan Chronological Bible, available nowhere else.
* Phonics, Math, Spelling, Grammar, and Geography instruction.
* Intensive Practical Experience in Developing Writing Skills. Weekly essay requirements for Bible, History, and Literature.
* Hundreds of Copy Work pages derived from the Bible and great works of history and literature. Develop language and writing skills from an early age.
* Students will go through every one of Shakespeare’s plays.
* Readings in Biblical Theology, Western History and Literature, Law, Ethics, and Culture War Tactics and Strategy.
* Readings in Logic, Rhetoric, Public Speaking, Creative Writing, Western Philosophy.
* Readings in practical Business Skills: How to Start an Online Business; How to Manage Your Finances; How to Create a YouTube Channel, etc.
* Practical Culture War Skills: How to Survive an SJW Attack; How to Engage in Social Media Debate; How to Work for Reform in the Local Church; Christendom Goals for Local Politics.
* The best curriculum for passing on your worldview and faith to your children, through daily Wisdom of the Fathers sessions, designated time for parents to speak to their children, answering questions, and ensuring that the legacy of their deepest convictions is passed on to the next generation.
* Can be used as a full K-12 curriculum or to supplement your current curriculum with pro-Western, pro-American, anti-political correctness materials.
Find out more here, and be sure to check the website on Sunday to find the Montana-only pricing.