Activists From Montana Arrested for Mostly Peaceful Protest at U.S. Capitol


All throughout the summer of 2020, America was terrorized by Black Lives Matter and Antifa rioters who took dozens of lives and did 2.2 billion dollars in property damage across the country, setting fires to inner-city dumpsters, church houses, and even our national forests. Despite the violence, arson, and looting that typically characterized these lawless protests, the media – emboldened by Big Tech censorship – continued to call the protests “mostly peaceful.”

Meanwhile, the January 6 protests at the U.S. Capitol were – in actuality – “mostly peaceful.” The large bulk of citizens protesting demonstrable and apparent voter fraud remained outside the capitol and gathered without incident. In fact, first-hand eye-witness testimony (and videos) from protestors at the Montana Daily Gazette demonstrate that the bulk of protestors tried to stop the Antifa-led rioters.

The peaceful patriots from Montana wrote, “The crowd was enormous and in the hundreds of thousands. Our witnesses testify there were anywhere from 300,000 to over 500,000. Regardless of the number, we all agree there were hundreds of thousands of Americans attending this historic rally. We also agree that we witnessed that 99.99% of those Americans acted legally and exercised their First Amendment rights.”

Apparently, two brothers present at the riots were not among the peaceful protestors who remained outside the capitol.

Jared and Joshua Hughes of East Helena are on video inside the capitol, and had apparently made their way inside the building with incensed citizens upset over voter fraud and the lawless leftist agitators who led them. The photo (below) is from the Billings Gazette, the lesser-known and obscure Lee Enterprises publication.

We can’t credit Lee Enterprises journalism with any degree of integrity, but they at least know how to photoshop an image (see below).

The two brothers had to appear before Federal Judge John Johnston in Great Falls earlier today, and will be transferred to federal custody in Washington, D.C. Their charges will include, “allegedly entering a restricted building, being on the Senate floor with the intent to disrupt the orderly conduct of official business, impeding a law enforcement officer, obstructing an official proceeding and damaging or aiding in damaging property of the United States.”

Oddly enough, this riot – unlike those in inner-city America during the summer of 2021 – didn’t lead to any stolen flatscreen televisions. It did, however, cause 1.1 million dollars in damage (or roughly the equivalent of one hour of Black Lives Matter riots over the course of the summer).

Reportedly, the brothers did not cause any property damage in the Capitol, but were merely present during the event. Unfortunately, they will be charged with trespassing on public property.

Their attorney, Palmer Hoovestal, said, “These guys are extremely law-abiding people.”

One wonders how much money federal law enforcement is spending extraditing tag-alongs and looky-loos to D.C. for a grandstanding trial. No doubt, it will be far more than will be spent fixing a little graffiti at the capitol.


Bringing you conservative news and commentary means it is tough out there on social media. We’re constantly getting kneecapped and constrained by tech companies who find the truth intolerable, resulting in our reach being severely throttled.

For this reason, please consider supporting us directly. If you like what you are reading and desire to to see more, please support our work here.

Stay informed. Subscribe today.
Enter your email address below.

[yikes-mailchimp form="1"]


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here