Hi Montana Patriots!
This week is our last opportunity to get Maylinn on our side. Time is of the essence, so please do this as diligently as possible. I am so grateful for all of the hard work each of you has put in over the last few months on this issue. Now let’s seal the deal, and get CP12 officially adopted!
We need YOU and all your friends to submit your comments by Tuesday, November 2nd @ 5:00 pm.
The Montana Districting and Apportionment Commission met yesterday to hear testimony on Maps CP10, CP11, CP12, and CP13. We had a great day! Republicans dominated the testimony – approximately 104 Republicans testified compared to 38 Democrats.
The Commission set the next meeting for public comments on Thursday, November 4th @ 9:30 am at the State Capitol, Room 317.
Chair Maylinn Smith specifically wants public comment on Map CP12, which is the map put forward by the Republican Commissioners. So far, Chair Smith has been very receptive to public comment. Written comments are crucial! We need your written comments before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, November 2nd. Please comment directly on Map CP12.
I support Map CP12 because:
- It keeps Flathead County in the Western District
- It includes both the CSKT and Blackfeet Reservations in the Western District, allowing for a stronger voice for the tribes in the new western district
- It keeps Lewis and Clark, Flathead, and Gallatin counties whole
- It only splits one county
- I don’t like CP11 because it puts most of Flathead County in the east.
- CP11 is not in the best interest of Montanans. I don’t support it
- CP13 splits too many counties
- It keeps Lewis and Clark county whole
Please feel free to add your personal positive comments to this map.
The deadline to offer public comment via Zoom during the meeting is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 3rd. You must submit a request at the Commission’s website to participate via Zoom. You will receive an email with the login information by midnight the night before the meeting.
We can’t do this without YOU! Keep up the great work. Make your voice be heard!
If you have any questions or need help, please let me know.
Debbie Churchill, MTGOP Grassroots Director, email@example.com