Dads play no small role in their children’s lives and who they grow up to be. Come the third Sunday in June; it’s time to celebrate them. To make Dad feel extra special this year, you might select just the right gift (perhaps a book?) or make a DIY one for him. Or you can spend quality time together doing something he enjoys, perhaps listening to music. But what might mean more to him than all of that is a verse of scripture.
Peruse the list of Father’s Day Bible verses below to find one that’s a sincere reflection of what a blessing your father or father figure is to you or the love that bonds the two of you together. You might write one on a card (you can print one for free too!) to go with his gift and add some personal words of your own to go with it.
- Ephesians 6:4: “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
- Proverbs 1:8: “Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching.”
- 2 Corinthians 6:18: “And I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”
- Psalm 103:13: “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.”
- Proverbs 22:6: “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
- 2 Samuel 7:14-15: “I will be a father to him, and he’ll be a son to me. When he does wrong, I’ll discipline him in the usual ways, the pitfalls and obstacles of this mortal life. But I’ll never remove my gracious love from him.”
- Proverbs 23:22: “Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.”
- Proverbs 23:24: “The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.”
You can read the rest of the verses here.